Updated September 9, 2014
Access to the Site is void and unauthorized where prohibited by applicable law or regulation.
1) Description of the Site. The Site provides individuals (“Employees”) as well as companies and employers (“Employers”) with a platform on which to advertise, search and discover available temporary and/or permanent employment and work assignments. The Site also enables recruiting and staffing agencies (“Recruiters”) to search for eligible Employees. All activities and capabilities offered by or through the Site shall individually and collectively be referred to as “Services”. Employees, Employers and Recruiters (together “Users”) may, where and if available, submit any photograph(s), video(s), image(s), text, rating, information or other content to the Site (“Submission(s)”).
2) What information does the Site collect?
Visitor Activity. Visitors to the Site may choose to browse, search and examine any publicly available information on the Site without registering with the Site or creating an Account. When you visit our Site as a non-registered visitor, we collect only information you provide or submit to the Site directly, information you send to us by email, information and messages you send or post through our accounts on third party social networks (such as Facebook, YouTube or Twitter), comments you post or messages you send through any service we may provide. The foregoing statement not withstanding, our servers may recognize and collect non-registered visitors’ domain names, IP addresses and any information on pages visited.
Account Activity. In order to have access to certain services and features available on the Site, Users, whether as Employees, Employers or Recruiters, may be required to register and setup an Account. We may ask for and collect some PII when you create an Account. When registering an Account with the Site, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself ("Registration Data") as prompted by our registration form. Registration Data may include, but is not limited to, first and last name, phone number, address, e-mail address and employment/resume related information. After you setup an Account, we may collect a variety of additional information and PII to better enable the Services such as your address, employment-related information and personal interests.
Content Uploaded to the Site. Any PII or Submissions that you voluntarily disclose on the Site is collected by us. This may include any information you submit as part of your Account profile as well as Submissions you make as comments or messages on the Site.
Usage Information. We may collect information about your usage of the Site, such as when you use the Site, the Submissions you make, the information you review, the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in the Site. If you are logged in we may associate this information with your Account.
Communications. We collect information you submit to any of our public forums and boards. The Site may now or in the future enable the recording of audio/video communications during online interviews. No such recording feature will be enabled absent the approval of both parties to the communication. Nonetheless, even absent a recording such forms of communications do result in the collection of personally identifiable information necessary to enable these Services. For example, our servers may retain copies of email or instant message communication sent between Users. Also, our system may retain some logs of video and voice communications made through our Site. Please review the information provided with any particular service of feature on the Site to ascertain how communication will take place and the level of privacy inherent in the service. Never assume that any communication or interaction, whether by email, text, instant messaging, voice or video provided by or through the Site, assures privileged or confidential communications.
Surveys & Newsletters. We may now or in the future send or run surveys or provide newsletters to our Users. At such time we may request certain PII such as name, email address and demographic information (such as email, name, zip code and occupation).
Click-Through URLs. In some of our email we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. When Users click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications.
3) How do we use the information you provide us? We use PII such as your contact information to provide you with the various services and features and to potentially serve you with advertising while on the Site.
· Information Submitted to the Site (for example, information in your Account profile page, resume and videos) is made available to Employers identified in Matches, as described above, as well as Recruiters searching the Site.
· Information Submitted to the Site as part of a public page is made available to anyone who is provided the url/link.
· Information provided by Users as part of their online Account profiles and designed to promote the User’s business, experience, availability and/or expertise may be displayed to other Users.
· Any PII collected as a result of communications initiated through our Site, are used to enable Site services and features.
· We may share information collected including your PII with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of credit card, e-mail origination, support services, customer relationship management services and order fulfillment.
· The email address used or the user-name you create during registration may be displayed to other Users when you provide Submissions such as comments.
· Unless you opt-out, we may use your e-mail or other PII to send commercial or marketing messages without your further consent. Be advised that we use your e-mail address, phone number and other contact information provided by you to enable such Services as Matches. We may also use your e-mail address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Site changes or customer service purposes).
· We may now or in the future share your contact information with advertisers and promotional partners.
· We use both your PII and certain non-PII (such as anonymous user data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Site and to create new features, promotions, functionality and services by storing, tracking, analyzing and processing User preferences and trends, as well as User activity and communications.
· We use information collected during submission of Surveys and signups for Newsletters to send both the information as requested and additional information about our company, Site or Services. Further, the information collected, including any demographics, is used to learn more about the types of people who visit our Site and improve our services.
· If any financial information is collected it will be used to bill you for Services on the Site. If you used a credit card to pay for any service, your credit card information may be subject to verification by the issuing credit card company or other third party company. This information will not be used for any purpose except for the fulfillment and record keeping of current and future transactions.
· Employees, Employers and Recruiters are third parties unrelated to LVR. In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may choose various third party web Sites, such as websites owned by the Employers, to link to, and/or frame within the Site. We have no control over these linked Site, each of which has separate privacy and data collection Employers independent of us. We encourage you to read the policies of these third party websites. Data collected by these third party websites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us. As such, we have no responsibility or liability for the independent policies or actions of third parties, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such website. These linked websites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Services and the links placed upon each of them and therefore request any feedback. Further, any linking with any other website is neither an endorsement of that website nor any of the products or services that may be offered on that website.
· Your PII or financial information may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets of LVR or a bankruptcy. We may also disclose PII or financial information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of LVR or other visitors to the Site. Whenever PII or financial information is disclosed under this paragraph, we may also disclose your demographic information on a non-anonymous basis.
4. How does LVR Protect Users Personal Information? We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
a. Please be aware that emails or other messages are not necessarily secure against interception and you should not include sensitive information in those messages.
b. The Site is not encrypted.
c. Access to your Account profile is restricted by your password.
d. Third parties may unlawfully attempt to intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other Users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
7. Individuals under 13 years of age.
Pursuant to the provisions of the 1998 Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), our policy is to refuse individuals under the age of 13 to submit information to the Site. We therefore do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13.
a. We may also use third-party advertising technology to serve ads when you visit the Site and sites upon which we advertise. This technology uses information about your visits to the Site and the sites upon which we advertise, (not including your name, address, or other personal information), to serve our ads to you.
b. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, a unique third-party cookie may be placed or recognized on your browser.
c. In addition, we may use web beacons, provided by our ad serving partner, to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable our ad server to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this Site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our Site.
9. How do you change PII provided or OPT-OUT? LVR gives registered Users an option for modifying or removing their information from our database. To update, modify or delete the information that we have on file for you, you may edit your online Account profile. We will comply with your requests as reasonably as we can. Please note that we require some PII for billing purposes.
a. If you wish to delete certain PII required for Account maintenance such as your name, e-mail address or phone number, you may be required to terminate your Account.
b. However, please note, that while you may remove your PII from the Site at any time, you acknowledge that we may retain archived or cached copies of your PII.
c. To delete your Account, please send an email to
d. Non-registered Users of the Site may unsubscribe from marketing materials sent by us by using the unsubscribe link provided with each email.
10. How Long Do We Keep your Information? Except as otherwise provided below, a User’s PII is maintained only as long as he/she maintains an Account with the Site or as needed to provide the Services, whichever is longer.
a. The above not withstanding, unless the User opt-out, LVR shall maintain a User’s contact and demographic information for marketing purposes indefinitely.